Top 10 Reasons You Need To Be Using Video in Your Marketing
The History of Motion Picture Consumption
Moving pictures have been around for a while. In the late 1800’s you could put a nickel in a machine and watch a glorified flip book with photos. Then George Eastman started putting emulsion on a thin plastic film, and soon afterward someone came up with the idea of projecting a motion picture through that film. For years you had to go to a theater to watch those moving images. But then we came up with television. It was a huge leap forward in the consumption of moving pictures. You could watch them from the comfort of your own home (as long as someone was broadcasting them.) Then, video cassettes came out, and you could consume video whenever you wanted. (as long as you were in front of a TV and video cassette player).
When computers first came along, they didn’t have the processing power to handle the bit rate of video, and the early years of the internet ran into the same problem. Internet video began as low res, low frame rate garbage. But that steadily improved and now, we can stream amazing images in 4k video on our phones. We are able to consume video at any time in any place. As a result of this, more and more websites are using video to augment their marketing and on page SEO and here are a few reasons why:
Top 10 Reasons to Use Video in Your Internet Marketing
- The average person stays on a website 2 minutes longer if they watch a video, and There is a 100% increase in time spent on pages with a video embedded. This lowers bounce rate, and increases page ranking.
- YouTube is currently the 2nd most popular search engine on the internet. It attracts 1 billion unique visitors per month who consume a combined 6 billion hours of video each month. Do you want to miss out on those views, searches, or the links back to your site that you get in your YouTube video descriptions?
- Blog posts that have embedded videos on them tend to get 3 times more backlinks then posts that do not have video. We all know the importance of backlinks in search ranking, and the difficulty in acquiring them, so adding video to your posts is almost a necessity.
- Video drives conversions. 12% of people made a purchase after watching a video ad. Try getting a 12% conversion rate from a banner. 90% of shoppers surveyed by a Swimwear Boutique said that videos on ecommerce websites help them make purchases.
- Do you want to keep your audience engaged? 26% of people search for more information about a topic after watching a video about that topic. Use a short video to entice customers to learn more about you or your product.
- Visual information is consumed more then textual information by 40% of internet users. If you are not using video, then you are missing out on a large percentage of your potential clients.
- 52% of internet marketers consider video to have the highest ROI of any form of content. Think about that the next time you are concerned with the cost spent on making a video.
- A visitor is 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video. This alone should be all the incentive you need to make videos about your product. Explainer videos, instruction videos, testimonial videos, or just videos of people enjoying the product
- 60% of viewers stop watching a video within 2 minutes, no matter how long the video is. So keep your videos short, and to the point. Use the old method of advertising: Say what you are about to say, then go in detail, then summarize it. That way people will get your message if they watch a little, a lot, or the whole thing.
- The human brain is capable of processing visual information 60,000 times faster then it can process textual information. If you have a lot of information to give to your customer, doing it with video will help ensure they get the point before loosing interest.